The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued the AMBER Alert after the girl was seen being pulled into the SUV on Tuesday morning in the 1600 block of Barna Avenue in Titusville.
The girl, who is believed to be about 15 years-old, is black and has dreads in her hair with one white stripe and was last seen wearing a green shirt and khaki pants. She is believed to be about 5 ‘ 5” tall and has brown eyes.
Witnesses said a person with dark skin pulled her into the SUV. It is not known if the person was a man or woman.
The SUV is a charcoal color and had a tire on the back.
The witness was not able to get the license plate number.
If you see the vehicle or girl call 911.
AMBER Alert Activation Criteria
1) The child must be under 18 years of age.
2) There must be a clear indication of an abduction.
3) The law enforcement agency’s preliminary investigation must conclude that the child’s life is in danger.
4) There must be a detailed description of child, abductor and/or vehicle to broadcast to the public.
5) The activation must be recommended by the local law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
Amber Alerts are not to be used for runaway or family abductions unless investigation determines child’s life is in immediate danger.
Amber Alert messages in Florida originate from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Tallahassee.